The 2kg ABC Fire Extinguisher. A fire extinguisher is one of those safety camping accessories that no camping kitchen or even tent should be without. No matter how safe or expensive your stove, cooker, or electrical camping equipment, safety is always a top priority for savvy and experienced campers.
This dry powder fire extinguisher is a top addition to your camping gear and even comes with a fitting bracket included, which is great for a caravan or even the home.
These fire extinguishers are in accordance with En3 & CE0062 standards.
Classifications of fire extinguishers:
Dry powder information:
- Class A will extinguish fires involving combustible solid items such as wood, plastics, paper
- Class B will extinguish fires involving flammable fuels/liquids such as petrol, diesel, oil paraffin
- Class C will extinguish fires involving flammable gases such as acetylene, LPG, natural gas
- Dry powder will be most effective on any fire where the burning produces flame fronts as in liquids and gases [Class B and C-SWFEBC]
- It is suggested when faced with a fire with class C components, only extinguish if total isolation of the gas supply can take place (SWFE1-SWFE1G-SWFE2G)
- Dry powders are known for their 'rapid flame knockdown' properties. Dry powder can also be used on electrical fires as powder is not a conductor of electricity.